For people who are Blind or Visually Impaired
OrCam MyEye is a wearable device, for people who are blind or visually impaired, that reads text, recognises faces, identifies products & more. Nolke Opticians is the only practice in Ireland to stock this ground-breaking technology.
The device allows someone with a visual impairment to access any printed text on any surface wherever they are, using a combination of a camera, advanced computer vision, artificial intelligence and a small speaker.
How does it work?
“The device works in a very simple, gesture-based way.” explains Kjell Nolke, founder/owner of Nolke Opticians, “The wearer points to whatever it is they want to “see” or read, and the MyEye device takes a photograph.
Sophisticated software processes what is in front of it and then, in the case of text, reads it back to the user. What’s more, it can also recognise friends’ faces, so it can alert the user as they approach.”
Users can also tap the side of the OrCam or even just say “Hey OrCam, read this” and OrCam will take a photo and start reading.
Hear it Instantly
The small speaker is placed in such a way that it is easy for the wearer to hear the output without it being overly intrusive. OrCam also uses Bluetooth so it can connect to your Bluetooth headphones. This is ideal when you don’t want to disturb persons nearby e.g. – students in a classroom.
OrCam is compatible with Starkey Hearing aids.
Bluetooth transmits the audio directly into your hearing aid. People who have both vision and hearing loss can now use this unique pairing of technology to deliver a true and total solution.
Tom Langan, from Galway – One of our first OrCam customers made this video testimonial after using OrCam for the last two years. Tom uses his OrCam on an almost daily basis and is delighted with the independence he has with OrCam. Tom is now in his 70’s and being completely blind it is a unique and special feeling being able to interact with his surroundings, read books, menu’s, recognise bank notes, colours and get notified when a familiar face is approaching.
Tom has been blind most of his life and has adapted to his vision loss using any and all technologies available to him. He is involved with fighting Blindness hosting monthly Zoom meetings where he helps others with various assistive technology issues including working with PC software for blind users.
We would like to sincerely thank Tom and his nephew Michael Flannery www.mikeflanneryweddingfilms.com for producing such a professional film.
Buy With Trust !
- Nolke Opticians – provide comprehensive onsite OrCam demonstrations and training. We will even do it over zoom if requested.
- 30 Day money back Guarantee.
- Free Shipping.
- 2 year Warranty
- Free online tutorials from OrCam
- Follow-up support from Nolke Opticians, onsite or over the phone.
- Payment plans available:
- Reclaim the VAT from your My Revenue online using VAT61a form. Process for claiming back the VAT – see our FAQ.
- Workplace Equipment Adaptation Grant for people with a disability who work in the private sector. Employers and self-employed people can apply for the grant which is provided by the department of social protection.
- Humm finance by Flexifi. See www.shophumm.com
Humm is a pay now pay later service allowing you to spread the costs through an approved instalment payment plan.
- Mastercard instalments – allow you spread the cost of OrCam into manageable monthly amounts with your approved Mastercard.
see here https://www.mastercard.ie/en-ie/personal/ways-to-pay/instalments.html
- Return Policy – 30 Day money back guarantee. Once you have received your OrCam Nolke Opticians Optometrist Kjell Nolke will be on hand to provide full support on site or over the phone. Should you find that the OrCam is indeed not suiting your needs you can return the OrCam in its packaging, as new, for a refund. Nolke Opticians will deduct a service charge of €250 to cover the dispensing / training provided.