Hearing Grants and PRSI
- The Department of Social Protection will pay up to half the cost of a hearing aid or repairs to a hearing aid, subject to a fixed maximum contribution of €500 for one aid and €1,000 if you need two aids.
- This grant can be paid to a person who has the necessary PRSI contributions or to their adult dependant.
- All we need is your permission, name, PRSI number and Date of birth. We will then check your eligibility online. If all goes well we will know your eligibility within minutes.
- Spouses will need to complete a paper form and post to revenue. Responses take approx two weeks.
- You may claim tax relief worth 20% on the cost of your hearing aids and on your dependant relative (conditions apply). Full details can be found here Revenue Commissioners’ website: www.revenue.ie.
Finance payment options